2019 summer pool hours
Please note: These times are in effect through Sept. 2, 2019.
Play Pool, Slide and Lower Spa
Open daily: 10 am-9 pm
Mondays-Fridays: 6 am-9 pm (close)
Saturdays and Sundays: 7 am-9 pm (close)
Lap Swim-Only Times
Weekdays: 6 am- 12 pm and 5-9 pm
Weekends: 7 am-12 pm and 5-9 pm
Free Swim in the Lap Pool
From 12-5 pm daily, the lap pool will be open for free swim with one lap lane available.
Please note that the lap pool will not be available for lap swim use during Water Fitness Classes on the following days and times:
- 9-11 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 2-3 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays
- 9-11:15 am on Saturdays
Lap Pool Usage
Signs at the lap pool will indicate what is taking place during the day. Look for signs reading “Lap Swim Only” posted on the lap pool gate entrance or at respective swim lane ends.
Lap Swim Etiquette
Please be courteous to other lap swimmers when there is only one lane in use. Circle swimming is a good rule of thumb when there are multiple swimmers in one lane. Please stay to the right of the blue lane guide when this is appropriate.
Register for all swim lessons at the concierge desk at The Club at Town Center. For more information, please visit the swim program page on somersett.net or contact Camille Porter at camille.porter@ fsresidential.com
2-week sessions: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays starting June 17
$50/session for members; $60/session for Goddard students
Session 1: June 17-28
Session 2: July 8-19
Session 3: July 22–August 2
Group lessons are available to resident members of the Club at Town Center and students of the Goddard School. Beginner, advanced beginner and intermediates levels will be offered. Swimmers must be at least 3 years old to participate in group lessons. Lessons are 30 minutes long.
Saturdays starting June 8
$10/class for residents; $15/class for Goddard students
Parent-toddler lessons are available to members of The Club at Town Center and Goddard School students. Children participating in the program must be between six months and three years old with little to no experience in the water. Classes focus on fundamental water exercises that encourage and promote swimming skills and comfortability in the pool. All lessons are 30 minutes long.
Private Swim Lessons
$125 for a package of 5
$185 for a package of 8
Private swim lessons are available to members of The Club at Town Center. Swimmers must be at least two years old to participate. Lessons are 30 minutes long.
24 person max
One of our most popular fitness classes is back for another fun, fit summer! Starting in May, join this invigorating and joint-friendly workout in the lap pool. Participants may sign in no earlier than 20 minutes before class. Please look for class days and times on the fitness calendar.
Mondays/Wednesdays: 2-3 pm
Tuesdays/Thursdays: 9–10 am; 10:10–11 am (AquaTabata)
Saturdays: 9–10 am; 10:10–11 am
1. Hours of operation are set by management. Swimmers are asked to use caution at all times when utilizing the pool area. Any incident should be reported to a lifeguard immediately.
2. The Lap Pool has designated times for lap swim only and free swim determined by management.
3. Children using flotation devices must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children under the age of six must be closely supervised by an accompanying adult.
4. Children who are not bathroom dependent must wear a designated swim diaper. The club reserves the right to ask a child be removed from the water if not wearing a swim diaper.
5. Proper bathing suits are required for swimming. No cut-off shorts or thong bikinis allowed.
6. Please shower before entering the pool.
7. No diving in any area of the pool.
8. No running and jumping off the side of the pool. Members should not throw other members or children into the pool from the pool deck.
9. No glass containers of any kind permitted on the pool deck.
10. No food or drink allowed in the pool.
11. Temporary shade structures are limited to outdoor personal umbrellas. No tents, canopy or other similar personal shade structures will be permitted on the pool deck.
12. Persons with skin disorders may be denied use of the pool.
13. No pets allowed within the pool deck area. Exceptions will only be made for service animals.
14. No rafts or inflatables are permitted without approval from management.
15. No running, horseplay or water guns are permitted within the pool deck area.
16. No balls will be permitted in the pools.
17. Non-aquatic toys are not permitted in the pool. Diving rings and other pool specific toys are permitted.
18. Kickboards are for use as swimming aids and/or swimming instruction; no standing, sitting or horse play allowed.
19. The pool furniture is not to be removed from its location on the pool deck.
20. Members are not permitted to bring in outside coolers larger than 12” x 12” x 12” without prior management approval. No outside alcohol is permitted. Staff reserves the right to inspect coolers and take possession of any alcohol being brought into the facility.
21. Refrain from talking to lifeguards while they are on the stands.
22. Lifeguards’ instructions must be obeyed at all times by members and guests for maximum safety. Failure to follow rules will result in being required to leave.
23. Management may reserve portions of the pool deck for member or club-sponsored parties or events.
24. No outside decorations will be permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, streamers, balloons or confetti.
1. Swimmers must stay clear of the catch pool and slide exit area. Do not reach into the slide from the deck area.
2. Riders must exit the catch pool immediately by use of stairs. No diving from the slide into the catch pool.
3. Children less than 48 inches tall who are unable to swim may only use the slide with a parent.
3. Parents may assist their child out of the water in the catch pool if necessary, but they cannot stand in front of the slide to catch their child. Parents may wait at the steps if needed.
4. Only one person at a time is allowed to go down the slide, excluding a parent and small child as described above.
5. Please walk up the steps and make sure the catch pool is empty before going down the slide.
6. Riders must go down on their back, feet first.
7. No flotation devices of any kind are permitted on the slide, including those in bathing suits.
8. No goggles, sunglasses, hats or any object that may fall off into the water is permitted on the slide.
9. Lifeguard instructions must be obeyed at all times by members and guests for maximum safety.
1. For the safety of users, the lower spa capacity is 15 swimmers at a time.
2. Children 12 years of age or younger should not use the spa for more than 10 consecutive minutes and must be supervised by an adult.
3. Extended exposure to hot water or vapors may be detrimental to the health of elderly persons and persons with heart conditions, diabetes or high or low blood pressure.
4. People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores or wounds should not use the hot tub due to the possibility of spreading infection.
5. Do not ingest water by mouth as this can cause infection and illness. Parents are to warn children not to allow water in their mouths.
6. The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
7. Horseplay, splashing, swimming and diving are not permitted in the spas.
8. The lower spa will close daily from 2–2:15 pm for backwashing and refilling. Management reserves the right to close the spa for additional closures as need.
AQUATIC WEATHER POLICY
For the safety of members, the club follows American Red Cross guidelines for thunder and lightning. From the time staff hears thunder or sees lightning, the pool will be cleared for 30 minutes. In the case of lightning, the pool deck must be cleared due to the danger of lightning strikes.
In the case of consistent inclement weather, the manager will make the decision to close the pool for 2-hour increments to accommodate the ever-changing weather patterns. If the weather improves, then the pool will reopen. Pool closing and/or opening times will be placed on the Golf Hut window, concierge desk and Facebook.
Rain passes will be issued in the case of inclement weather if the guest signed in less than one hour prior to closing time. The check-in attendant on duty will issue the rain pass to applicable guests. No cash refunds will be given.
Ice: Management reserves the right to close the pools at any time due to cold temperatures causing ice on the pool deck.
Air quality: Management reserves the right to close the pools at any time due to poor air quality. If the air quality index reaches 170 or higher, the pools will be closed due to the health and safety of residents and staff.