National Trails Day!
In honor of National Trails Day (Saturday, June 2 ), take a hike on one of Somersett’s beautiful trails! Within Somersett, there are 24 trails that equal about 27 miles of paved and natural hiking and biking trails. The trails vary in distance, with the shortest being 0.1 miles to the longest, Eagle Trail, which is 1.6 miles. Take a look at our Somersett trail map.
Here are a few hiking tips and guidelines to follow while using the Somersett Trail system:
- Please don’t litter.
- Make sure dogs are on secure leashes.
- Carry plastic bags and pick up after your pet.
- Stay on the designated trails.
- Be courteous – yield to other hikers on the trail.
- Please keep our open space safe from fire danger by not smoking.
- Wear sturdy shoes made for walking or hiking.
- Carry plenty of water and sunscreen.
- Hike with a friend and be aware of your surroundings.
- Get medical checkup before starting a walking or hiking regime.