FAQs about the new FirstService Residential resident portal
You may have seen a recent email from FirstService Residential introducing our new resident “connect’’ portal, Somersett.connectresident.com. We are excited about the convenient new features the portal offers, with more to come over the coming year. Here are a few FAQs about the new site.
What will I find in the new portal?
- Your account balance, with a convenient “Make a Payment’’ button which connects you to ClickPay (Autopay), our third-party payment vendor.
- A Knowledge Base with a searchable wealth of information about the SOA, the Rules and Regulations, and living in Somersett.
- SOA documents, including the governing documents, Board Agendas and Minutes, Committee recaps, Financials, and more. Please note: These documents will be uploaded beginning this month. For agendas, minutes, recaps, and other documents before February 2019, go to the Committees & Meetings or SOA Documents pages on Somersett.net.
- A Service Requests form, where you can report problems in SOA common areas, such as leaks in the irrigation system.
- A Community Calendar, with dates for Board meetings and community-wide events, such as the garage sales.
How do I register?
You can self-register on the site. Go to https://somersett.connectresident.com, click on the Resident Access button in the top right of your screen and this will take you down to the Login and Register section. Click on Register, enter your email or mobile phone number, and check your email (or if you entered a phone number, your text messages) for an invitation to create a password. Once you receive
If you get a message that your email/phone number doesn’t exist, please call the SOA office at 775-787-4500 OR the FirstService Residential Customer Care Center at 775-624-9152 and give us your preferred email or mobile phone number, and we can enter it in the system for you. Once this is done, proceed with the “self-register” instructions above.
If I own more than one unit, do I have to register for each one?
No, as long as your email address is under the occupant profile of each unit you own, the website will know which unit and association they belong to and all of your units will show up on your main screen.
I was registered for the old site, do I have to re-register to access the new resident portal?
Yes, the new portal is built on completely modern security standards which necessitate new registration.
I own a home in Sierra Canyon. How do I view the Sierra Canyon portal?
Once you are logged in, click on your initials on the top right of your screen and select Sierra Canyon in the drop-down menu.
Does this replace the SOA website, Somersett.net?
No, the website is still your main source of up-to-date news and information about the association, The Club at Town Center, events and much more.
Do you need a login to Somersett.net? If you haven’t yet filled in a Homeowner’s Information sheet, stop by the front desk of the Club and fill it out and we will register you. After a couple of days, you will receive an email inviting you to create a password and log in to the site.
If you are registered and forgot your password, just click the “Forgot Password’’ button on the login screen and the site will email you an invitation to change your password.
If you can’t remember your username or have any questions about Somersett.net, email email@example.com and she will be happy to help you gain access.